Saturday, February 19, 2011

Kava kava

I'm embarrassed 2 say I haven't been paying attention 2 the news this past week. I've been too busy trying 2 take advantage of the warm spell. Andrew n I ordered some psychoactive botanicals a couple weeks ago. It finally arrived this past Wed. We got a variety of things, but so far we've only used the powered kava root. It doesnt make u trip or anything like that, but it does relax u in a gentle warm wave that washes over u. Andrew finds great relief in drinking it after work. He wears crappy shoes so his back n knees constantly hurt. It makes Ur mouth go slightly numb when u first sallow it. N we've both taken to the taste. We've been mixing it with coconut milk, sugar, water n lime. Once we find soy lechtin in a local grocery store we'll b able 2 experiment w other receipes- coconut milk sorta limits u. I try not 2 smoke a lot of tree while drinking kava because I'm worried the effects will be lost. But a little accompanies it nicely!
We had a combination 2 c kava drink n 1 c 25x white lotus extract. The lotus seemed 2 play up the muscle relaxant side of the kava n made things a bit fuzzy n my head a little floaty. It was a great combo w the warmth that kava provides.
Oh I made chili today. I never remember 2 write down chili receipes so I never remember 2 compare/contrast batches. This is bad news. So here's what I used in this last batch:
1/2 c Bacon grease
2 lbs beef for stew
1 vidalia onion
1/2 bulb of garlic.
1 LG can of diced tomatoes
1 LG tom puree
1 can pinto beans
1 can BLACK beans
1 can Italian white beans
1 LG can dark kidney beans
2 cans corn
Various dried chili powders
Paprika
Sriacha
I have no idea if its any good, I didn't try it yet. Andrew likes it, so really that was the only thing I was worried about.

No comments:

Post a Comment