Sunday, February 20, 2011

Butcher shop

Digging into our botanicals, we tried blue lotus 25x extract and kratom- not together, at separate times during the day so that we could reflect upon our experience without it being clouded by mixing the two. I mixed a gram of the extract w 2 cups of cheap, shitty white wine.
Andrew, me, n our flatmate drank it in 2 rounds.
I asked Andrew to blog about his experience:

"The blue lotus, much like the white lotus, caused a warm sensation, with a relaxation of leg and back muscles.  Feelings came on within a few minutes and lasted several hours.  The mildness of the experience was not unpleasant, in that there was no feeling that there was another level to attain. 

Consuming the kratom later on, feelings were similar to both lotuses in the sensation and duration.  It was much less pleasant to drink, but the feelings were nice."

Honestly I wasn't impressed w the kratom. I brewed a tea w a full ounce, and reduced it but not so far as to turn it into a thick syrup. We split it, and this should've been a strong dose 4 a couple of 1st-timers. Initally I felt an increase in body temp- I noticed Andrew was very warm and I got uncomfortably over-heated. I went n smoked a cigarette n noticed my muscles relaxing n a short wave of floatiness, but didn't last long. I also felt like jumping Andrew.
The blue lotus made me a little silly, but it wasn't anything really profound. Maybe I didn't drink enough. Although I drank a lot less white lotus n that seemed 2 relax me far more n made me a lot more euphoric n silly. We are totally sold on kava. We drank it first thing this morning n it got us in the right mind-set 4 a long day of working. I felt relaxed n energized, ready 2 spend hours in the clay studio. I got all sorts of work done.
Ok so the kratom sucks. It kept me up all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment